Friday, September 13, 2019

My personal experience with a maternity photo session


Through maternity photos, one can surely feel the whole pregnancy journey in a glance forgetting all those labor pain at once as it is one of the amazing times in life!  During pregnancy, a woman goes through mood swings that too not expressible in words, right mommy?  Well, I remember when I was expecting my first baby I used to feel like eating tangy tomatoes and spices in the middle of the night and use to click a million selfies! I know it sounds absolutely weird and crazy but truly it made me feel like a little girl inside flying on the sky! Whatsoever, someday while scrolling down my pictures I thought to have a maternity photo session and then I came across Kathleen Ballard, a renowned maternity photographer. She completely changed my view of being photographed during pregnancy. 

maternity photographers in miami


At first, I was feeling very uncomfortable with my body but Kathleen explained me, “pregnancy is a beautiful miracle in a woman’s life”, she added it makes us strong and finally we should gracefully embrace the coming changes with our body and life. In fact, being a woman we should celebrate each moment of our pregnancy journey. Apart from these maternity images can be great gifts to our children as it will be the heirloom and a life story to hand down the beautiful memories experienced with them.
However, here are some tips advised by Kathleen Ballard to experience a blissful maternity photo session-
·         Natural Pose- Remember this is not at all a fashion photoshoot so keep your posing style easy to create natural images. As I was alone for my first photo session, I kept my both hands on my baby bump as it draws attention on the belly along with trying out with a mix-up style such as hands-on my hip, inside pocket of the dress, and touching hair.

·         Straight Angle- Not only I pose twisting the side but also I tried a straight standing technique of 45- degree angle and lower down my face seeing the belly and this particular pose was my personal favorite as it showed me upfront.

·         Up High Pose- Here, it was a creative posing with the help of proper props like blanket and quilt I was being shot from above lying down on it. It was really flattering as it minimized other parts of my body and made my bump appear bigger. It was a fun part of my maternity photo shoot.

·         Sitting Style Pose- I did a sitting pose placing my hand on the greenery ground flaunting my bump smiling along with making eye contact with the camera.

Nonetheless, I must mention I had a great photo session with Kathleen Ballard, one of the most prominent maternity photographers in Miami.

0 comments:

Post a Comment